I am a freelance Network/Systems Designer. I was contacted by a statistics lab at a university I attended. They asked if I could make time for an interview.
They wanted to build a moderately sized cluster for the department’s faculty/grad students. We did a phone interview, and man, they…
WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP
IS ‘MRS’ JUST MR’S
LIKE BELONGING TO MR
Mr comes from the French monsieur, which I think literally translates as ‘my lord’ and basically just means master, and Mrs comes from maistre which is the feminine form of master, so actually—for once—no.
This was an extremely relevant comment and I thank you for educating me
The Legend of Zelda Characters [1/?] + TV Tropes » Link
Requested by anonymous
- Pallet town
This song makes me feel immediately happy when I hear it. It reminds me of how much fun I have playing Pokémon. One of my favorite pieces of videogame music ever.
Do you feel like the tumblr generation is too wrapped up in creating pseudo-jobs (such as craftswoman, storyteller) to get them out of having to get actual jobs, and if so, how might this phenomenon affect society at large in the future?
Let me clarify something with you.
I am the sole proprietor of a small business. It is a registered business in the state of Illinois. I pay taxes, I have a separate business bank account, a nifty certificate just like yours and I pay myself just as any employers would pay their employees.
Within my job as a business owner alone, I am experienced in the following: designing and producing products, investing in other small businesses and artists therefore providing jobs, work and exposure, product photography, styling, customer service, web design, market management, business administration, creative directing, communications, branding, writing and editing and so, so much more. On the side, I work as a freelance illustrator and photographer. My go-to description of “story-telling” is an actual job. I research, teach classes and facilitate workshops on connection, the human experience, emotional trauma, etc. I use letter-writing and sharing my own hardships as a guide to help others talk about what it is that they’re experiencing. Even if I didn’t get hired to hold these workshops, I do it because it gives me purpose and I feel as though I am serving in some way, shape or form. These are all valuable skills that I have gained, learned and created for myself.
Also, please educate yourself on how critical and essential small businesses are to our economy. Really. Type in “how small businesses effect our economy” into Google. Do your research. Look up how many jobs small businesses create in the United States alone. The SBA’s Office of Advocacy literally calls small businesses “the heart of the American economy.” I’m sorry but the world doesn’t consist of just office jobs. We live in an ever-advancing, creative and technological world, and the world as you know it wouldn’t exist without creativity; without people bending the rules a little bit. We’re created to advance and adjust as our surroundings and circumstances do. If this is what our economy is calling for, then yes, we’re going to do it. So long as entrepreneurs, freelances and small businesses keep doing what we’re doing, and the more we educate folks who have perspectives like this, our future will be a bit brighter than we left it.
'Pro-life' personality Todd Kincannon suggests executing Ebola patients on the spot.
This isn’t some random nutcase: the man used to run the republican party in South Carolina, for God’s sake.
(And bear in mind, with good treatment, people can have at least a 50% chance of surviving Ebola. So you’d essentially be murdering people who have a decent shot at a full recovery. Guy is a mor*n.)
Remember guys. Its only PRO-LIFE if you’re an unborn unthinking foetus. Once you’re born you’re on your own.
I have no fucking words.
Nigeria officially beat Ebola — Here’s how
After 42 days without a newly reported case, Nigeria is officially Ebola free, the World Health Organization announced Monday, less than a week after Senegal also surpassed twice the disease’s maximum incubation period.
Nigeria is a ”spectacular success story,” WHO Country Director Rui Gama Vaz said in a press conference in the capital of Abuja earlier Monday.
"But we must be clear that we only won a battle" | Follow micdotcom
Favorite Homestuck Quotes:
Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5
“Repeat Rape: How do they get away with it?”, Part 1 of 2. (link to Part 2)
- College Men: Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists,Lisak and Miller, 2002 [PDF, 12 pages]
- Navy Men: Lisak and Miller’s results were essentially duplicated in an even larger study (2,925 men): Reports of Rape Reperpetration by Newly Enlisted Male Navy Personnel, McWhorter, 2009 [PDF, 16 pages]
By dark-side-of-the-room, who writes:
These infogifs are provided RIGHTS-FREE for noncommercial purposes. Repost them anywhere. In fact, repost them EVERYWHERE. No need to credit. Link to the L&M study if possible.
Knowledge is a seed; sow it.
And that’s not all. 43% of college men will admit to using “coercive behavior” to have sex with a woman… which of course is also rape.
Rape culture trains sociopaths.
I read this out loud to boyfriend and he just went “ohhhhhhhhh”
CEOs all runnin around terrified of blue shells from the homeless
US police brutality as a model for Hong Kong? Yes, a pro-establishment politician and academic just said that.
Follow HKVerified for news updates on the ongoing protests for democracy in Hong Kong.
- told Neville to stand up to people
- confronted a full-sized mountain troll to save a girl he couldn’t stand
- said it didn’t matter whether someone was a pureblood, half-blood, or Muggle-born
- gave Dobby his sweater
- faced a bunch of giant spiders in the hopes of saving the school and clearing Hagrid’s name
- told Luna he loved her Quidditch commentary, and very sincerely tried to convince her he wasn’t teasing her
- stood up on a broken leg, trying to protect Harry
- gave up his grudge against Hermione the moment he learned how much she, Hagrid, and Buckbeak needed him
- realized he was wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, and promptly went to apologize
- jumped into a freezing pond to save Harry and retrieve the Sword of Gryffindor
- confronted his best friend to prevent his sister’s heart being broken any further than it already was
- begged Bellatrix to torture him in place of Hermione
- couldn’t break up with a girl who drove him nuts because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings
- remembered the Hogwarts House Elves when no one else did, and wanted to make them evacuate, rather than order them to fight
- tried to go back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he left them
- didn’t make excuses for leaving, he came right out and admitted he had been wrong
- didn’t get angry at Hermione for taking a long time to forgive him
- saved Tonks’s life (while impersonating Harry to lower Harry’s chances of being killed, at the same time increasing his own)
- told Hermione not to curse Draco, even though he hates him
In conclusion, Ron is awesome. The end.
and he put his shoes and socks on dobby to be buried in because he knew how much dobby loved clothes. disliking ron weasley’s character makes 0 sense.
reblogging for the 100th time because ronald.
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY TO KNOW PEOPLE LOVE HIM LIKE I DO.
Welcome to Platform 9¾
1 / 2253